Mora of Sweden, an extremely renowned company in the history of knife making, is back with another hit product. Mora knives are known for their quality products rather than style. All Mora knives look very simple (yet the most elegant), are of superfine quality and remarkable in their performance. The Swedish has unrevealed one of the finest knives with its new Clipper 840 knife that is made up of Carbon steel, making it a versatile knife for different adventure purposes. Let’s have a look on the key features of this product.
Mora Clipper 840 Carbon Steel knife can be used for variety of adventure purposes. It’s an all-rounder knife with carbon steel blade technology. Following is a complete description about this product.
- The blades are made up of carbon steel which is quiet strong and lasts for sufficient period when kept under adequate conditions.
- The thickness of the blade is 0.8 inches, length of the blade is 3.9 inches and the total thickness of this knife is 8.5 inches.
- The handle is made up of rubber and provides quiet efficient and ergonomic gripping.
- The sheath is made up of fused plastic.
- The Carbon Steel blade (of 1095 type) is hardened to 59-60 on the regular Rockwell Scale.
- There is also a checkered design on the rubber handle which promotes increased gripping and prevents slipping.
- The knife also has a finger protection area.
- It has a molded belt sheath with a unique water drain hole.
- The handle also has a red colored trim.
- The plastic sheath contains a belt hook which can be tucked onto your belt and can be carried away easily.
The best thing about the product is that, it is extremely cheap in its price, regardless of the high performance function it performs.
The blades are very sharp with razor sharp technology and can be re-sharpened very easily. The gripping system of the knife is quiet efficient and it also has a checkered design on its rubber handle that gives an extra support to gripping. The knife weighs only 5oz. so it is very light and can be carried away easily for any purpose such as hunting, fishing, construction purposes etc… The knife is great from quality point if view as well as its cost. Extreme precaution should be taken while handling the blades as they are really very sharp when new. The knives can be kept away from rusting by regular oiling and keeping it away from moisture prone areas while not in use. The ergonomic handle makes its really comfortable for use.
The negative point about the product is its plastic sheath which is of very poor quality. The sheath may be easily damaged with little wear and tear. The blades are made of Carbon steel and not stainless steel which makes the blades prone to rusting when kept for long in moist areas. With excessive use, the knife will acquire rust over its entire surface. The design of the knife is kept very simple (as all Mora knives) and not very tacky, however it does solve the purpose of what a knife is made for.
From Where to Buy
The knife can be bought from offline retailers as well as from many online sites which delivers the product at your door step. You can avail the product even at some discounted rates.
The sites from where you can buy the product online are:-
Or you can check for retailers at your nearest location from www.moraofsweden.se
What Will Be The Cost?
The cost of Mora of Sweden Clipper 840 Carbon Steel knife ranges from $14.95 to $23. Different sites give different discount on this product. The shipping charge varies from relative location of the product from your place.
Cost on Amazon – $14.99 + Shipping
Cost on Ebay – $18.99 + Shipping
This knife can be used almost for any kind of sports and outdoor activities. Although the product suffers few drawbacks, but it cannot be over looked that all products from Mora are top quality and have superfine edge which solves the basic purpose for which it is made of (unlike other highly priced fancy knives). The product gets an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5.